Mother African Union FCMP Church
Wilmington DE, United States
Date Posted: 10/22/2019
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 150-250
The Historic Mother African Union Church fosters a tradition of being a Singing, Praying,
Tithing, Teaching, Serving, and Loving Church. Located in the Cool Springs area of
Wilmington, DE the church is currently seeking an experienced Senior Pastor to be the Spiritual
Leader of its Congregation. The Senior Pastor is responsible for leading and moving the
Congregation toward the fulfillment of God’s mission for Mother African Union Church. The
Senior Pastor will have an unwavering faith and a firm relationship with Jesus Christ and is
dedicated to cultivating others in Christ. Represent the congregation in interdenominational,
interfaith and community affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Pastor has accountability to the Congregation and to the governing boards (Board of
Stewards and Board of Trustees). The Senior Pastor’s primary responsibility is to conduct the
religious services of the Church and to perform all duties pertaining to his/her office. The Senior
Pastor shall serve as the Chief Executive Officer and Spiritual Leader of the Church, and in
cooperation with the governing boards, coordinate and administer various Church ministries.
The Senior Pastor is also responsible for leading, developing, and inspiring staff and volunteers
in achieving high levels of performance and service to the Church and surrounding community.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for conducting weekly Bible study classes that aid individuals in
developing a better understanding of God’s word, which helps to foster a more meaningful and
deeper commitment to the Church of Jesus Christ and service to others.
The Senior Pastor also serves as a board member of the churches non- profit arm the Peter
Spencer Family Life Foundation. The incumbent also serves as spiritual guide for the August
Quarterly Festival, the nation’s oldest celebration of religious freedom held in Wilmington, DE.
The Senior Pastor is expected to maintain office hours that support the needs of the Church and
- Ordained minister in a Christian Church
- Experienced in spiritual teaching
- Five (5) years of ministerial staff experience
- He/She must be a graduate of a University and a graduate of a Theological Seminary with
a Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated preaching, pastoral, and Church administration experience.
CHARACTER AND QUALITIES
- Passionately embodies God’s word and exemplifies the gospel in his/her daily life;
consistently demonstrating moral character and decision making internal and external to
- Does not engage in any activity or behavior that creates or potentially creates a conflict of
interest for the Church or in any way harms the reputation of the Church.
- Excellent listener who enables members to increase their participation within the
- Ability to work with and accept those seeking a relationship with the Lord; having a
- Doctorate degree from accredited seminary
- Served as a Senior Pastor
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to clearly outline and
articulate the Vision, Mission, and Strategies that continually develops and advances the
- Must have excellent partnering and resolution skills, which fosters an environment that
encourages member support of diverse opinions and ideas that enhance the Church’s
mission; ability to effectively manage change and growth.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and integrity in providing confidential counseling
to members and others; sensitive and compassionate to the needs of others.
- A working knowledge of digital media
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] Attn: Pastor
Search Committee, Mother AUFCMP Church.
Note: The job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, character and
qualities, and desired skills. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. This
position will require a background check and drug screen for a candidate who receives a
Download these details: Posting MAU Sr Pastor (PDF 220 KB)